A regularly maintained boiler will also have a potentially much longer service life. Conversely, a poorly maintained boiler is much more likely to have malfunctioned and therefore poorer performance. In addition, it is preferable not to risk too much carbon monoxide emission. Only an interview will allow this type of emission to be detected, hence the interest in doing it every year. Poorly maintained, plugged, or poorly ventilated appliances are usually the source of the problem. Prevention is better than cure to avoid possible poisoning. With the Reliant Energy Rates this is essential.
The right temperature for the water heater
We recommend setting the hot water temperature in its boiler to 55 ° C or 60 ° C. This temperature is sufficient to limit the development of pathogenic bacteria while avoiding scaling and preserving domestic comfort. In addition, rather than baths, remember to favor showers: while a shower consumes only 30 to 60 liters, a bath consumes between 150 and 200 that is 3 to 5 times more. If your hot water pipes are circulating in cold areas such as unheated rooms, you can equip them with foam sheaths for substantial savings.
- Gas is the ideal energy for cooking. Good news, in the kitchen too, some good practices will allow you to reduce your consumption.
- Rekindle the flame of its burners. A yellow flame signifies a lack of oxygen. A simple cleaning of the burners will make it blue again.
- When you need to boil water in a saucepan, remember to preheat it in a kettle before pouring.
- Put the lid to boil the water four times faster: use lids on your pans to increase the speed of cooking. This also reduces energy consumption by 20%
- Turn off the electric plates a few minutes before the end of cooking.
- Simmer dishes in a pot. Thicker, the pot allows a better diffusion of heat than a simple pan.
- The microwave is much more energy-consuming than a traditional oven: it consumes five times more energy. Use it especially for fast cooking or to heat your dishes.
Do not preheat your oven automatically: most cooking does not require preheating.
Keep this habit for the preparation of cakes or bread. There is also a tendency to open the oven door to follow the progress of cooking. Each time you open your oven, it loses 20% of its heat and increases the time required for cooking. Instead, use the internal oven light. In the field of hobs, induction hobs allow a current saving of 30% compared to glass-ceramic surfaces, and 50% compared to conventional plates because food heats up faster. Equip your kitchen with a tap with aerator-aerator: it’s the Venturi effect. It makes it possible to consume two months of liters of water per minute for the same flow rate, thanks to a system mixing air and water.
Take care of your cold appliances
An average refrigerator consumes almost 400 kWh per year, while the freezer consumes an average of 550 kWh. Therefore, the cold easily represents the first item of expenditure on your electric bill, excluding heating and hot water. These devices have a tendency to consume even more if they are not used correctly. Ideally, your fridge should be set at a temperature between 2.7 and 4 degrees to make sure, you can equip yourself with a refrigerator thermometer.